Rice: 1 cup
Green chilli: 1
Tomato puree: 3/4 cup
Cumin seeds: 1tsp
Chilli powder: 1tsp
Turmeric powder: ½tsp
Ginger garlic paste: ½tsp
Garam masala: ½tsp
Kasuri methi: 1tbsp
Salt to taste
Let’s get cooking
1. Wash the rice and cook with salt and the whole spices. Keep aside.
2. Slice the onions and green chilli.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and season with cumin seeds.
4. Add the onions and green chilies and saute until brown.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste and fryfor 2 minutes.
6. Add in the chilli powder, turmeric powder and kasuri methi.
7. Add the tomato puree, salt and let the puree cook.
8. Mix in the cooked rice, garam masala and cook for 3-4 minutes.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with raita.
Approximate preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes.