SPINACH CAULIFLOWER CUTLETS
It is always an ordeal to get my kids to have their daily quota of vegetables. I need to come up with different ways to get them to eat them. Today came up with this idea of spinach and cauliflower cutlets.
This is what you’ll need
Spinach: 1 cup (finely chopped)
Cauliflower: 1 cup (finely shredded)
Potato: 1 (boiled)
Ginger: 1tsp (grated)
Chilli powder: 1tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/2tsp
Garam masala: 1tsp
Chaat Masala: 1tsp
Bread crumbs: 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Oil: To shallow fry
Let’s get cooking
1. In a bowl add the chopped spinach along with the shredded cauliflower, ginger, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, chaat masala, cornflour and salt.
2. Grate in the boiled potato and add 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs to the above mentioned mixture. Keep the remaining bread crumbs aside, to be used for coating the cutlets.
3. Mix well and shape into cutlets. Coat with breadcrumbs.
4. Shallow fry until evenly brown.
5. Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.
Approximate preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes