I am a member of several food groups on Facebook. On one such group a member had posted this video on chilli pizza star. The ready pizza was such a visual treat that I bookmarked the video immediately. It took me a while before I got around to making it. However, I followed only the technique to get the star shape. The toppings can vary according to personal preferences. I chose to make a veg pizza.
This is what you need
Pizza base: 1 (readymade)
Tomato purée: 3tbsp
Cheddar cheese: 1/2 cup (grated)
Mozzarella cheese: 1/2 cup (grated)
Pizza toppings of your choice. I used thinly sliced red onions, mushrooms, red peppers, pineapple and jalapeños
Seasoning: Oregano and Chilli flakes (optional)
Dipping sauce: Optional
Let’s get cooking
1. Place the pizza base on a sheet of grease proof paper.
2. Make 3 cuts with a pizza cutter in the centre of the dough, this will create a star shape that will give you 6 triangles of dough to fold outwards towards the edge.
3. Around the outer edge of the pizza spread the tomato purée, leaving the centre untouched (where he slits end)
4. Add the onions, mushrooms, red peppers, pineapple and jalapeños.
5. Sprinkle the cheese, both cheddar and mozzarella along with oregano and chilli flakes.
6. Slowly lift one of the triangles from the centre and overlap it with the corresponding outside edge of the pizza. Continue until you have completed the pizza.
7. Bake at around 250deg C for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and the cheese has melted.
8. Serve hot with a dip of your choice.
Approximate preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes