PANEER LABABDAR (COTTAGE CHEESE IN A TOMATO CASHEW NUT GRAVY)
Pampering the childrens tastebuds can be a full time job! One simple meal and they start complaining. So it was back to fancy cooking today and this time with restaurant style Paneer Lababdar, from vegrecipesofindia,com. Another mouth watering dish!
This is what you’ll need
For the Tomato Cashew Nut Paste
Tomatoes: 250gms (chopped)
Cashew nuts: 12
Ginger: 1/2″ piece (chopped)
Garlic: 3 cloves (chopped)
Water: 1/2 cup
For the curry
Paneer: 200gms Plus 2tbsp grated
Onions: 1/2 cup (chopped)
Tej patta (bay leaf): 1
Chilli powder: 1/2tsp
Cumin powder: 1/2tsp
Coriander powder: 1/2tsp
Garam masala: 1/4tsp
Green chillies: 2 (slit)
Low fat cream: 1/4tsp
Kasuri methi: 1tsp
Salt to taste
Water: 1 cup
Coriander leaves: To garnish
Let’s get cooking
1. Take the ingredients listed under tomato cashew nut paste in a pan and boil along with the water till the tomatoes are soft.
2. If the mixture gets too dry add a few more tablespoons of water.
3. Let the mixture cool.
4. Grind it to a smooth paste and keep aside.
5. Heat the butter in a pan. Add the bay leaf and the chopped onions. Saute till the onions are golden.
6. Pour in the tomato cashew paste and fry for a few minutes.
7. Add the chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and mix well. fry till oil leaves the sides of the mixture.
8. Add a glass of water and mix well.
9. add the slit green chillies and cook for a minute.
10. Add the salt and sugar.
11. Mix in he paneer pieces and the grated paneer. Gently mix it with the gravy.
12. Add the kasuri methi along with the garam masala and cook on a low flame for another minute.
13. Lastly, add the low fat cream and simmer the mixture for another 2 minutes.
14, Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and ginger juliennes (optional)
15. Serve hot with naan, rotis or rice.
Approximate preparation time: 40 minutes