INDIAN STYLE VEGETABLE PASTA
Italian pasta with a desi twist was on the Saturday menu. Nutritious and spicy perfect for the kids!
This is what you’ll need
Pasta: 1 cup (dry pasta) (I used fusilli, you can use any pasta)
Onion: 1 (finely chopped)
Carrot: 1 (finely chopped)
Peas: 1/4 cup
Mixed peppers: 1/2 cup
Garlic: 3 cloves (finely chopped)
Ginger: 1/4tsp (finely chopped)
Chilli powder: 1tsp
Turmeric powder: 1/4tsp
Coriander powder: 1/4tsp
Garam Masala powder: 1tsp
Chilli flakes: 1/2tsp
Grated cheese: 2tbsp
Olive oil: 2tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s get cooking
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water. Drain and keep aside.
2. Blanch the tomatoes. Peel, purée and keep aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the onions and sauté until transparent.
4. Add the ginger and garlic. Fry for a minute.
5. Add the chopped carrots along with the peas and a little water (around 1/4 cup). Cover and cook till the carrots are almost done.
6. Add the dry powders Chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Fry for 30 seconds.
7. Pour in the tomato purée along with the mixed peppers. Cover and cook for a few minutes.
8. Add the pasta and give the mixture a good stir.
9. Add the grated cheese, salt, chilli flakes and oregano. Mix again.
10. Cook for another five minutes and serve the pasta hot.
Approximate preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes