DATE AND DRY FRUIT ROLLS
Have been so caught up with work that the time I spend in the kitchen has reduced drastically. This was probably the first Diwali where I had hardly made anything specil. Was feeling so guilty, that the night before Diwali made Rava Laadoos and this simple Date and dry fruit roll.
This is what you’ll need
Seedless dates: 500gms (finely chopped)
Mixed nuts: 1 and a 1/2 cups ( I used almonds, cashew nuts and pistachios)
Ghee: 2 tbsp
Let’s get cooking
1. Lightly toast the nuts in a pan and keep aside.
2. In the same pan heat the ghee and add the chopped dates to it. Mix until nicely mashed.
3. Add the toasted nuts and mix well.
4. Remove from heat and let it cool down.
5. Shape into laddoos or alternately, roll into a long roll and cut into one inch roundels.
6. Refrigerate once made. Serve when required.
Approximate preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
Dates are calorie dense, iron rich foods, easy to digest and contain simple natural sugars.
The combination of nuts in this sweet, makes it protein rich as well.