CORN POHA (BEATEN RICE WITH CORN)
Blogging has taken a backseat since the past few months. I keep myself busy with other things, so posting recipes is very occasional. After a long time found this easy breakfast recipe on the Tarla Dalal website and decided to try it. Quick, easy and tasty too!
This is what you’ll need
For the poha
Sweet corn kernels: 1/2 cup (I used the tinned corn, but if you are using fresh corn kernels, you need to boil them first)
Thick poha: 1 1/2 cups
Onion: 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder: 1/2tsp
Green chilli paste: 1tsp
Lime juice: 2tsp
Mustard seeds: 1tsp
Coriander leaves: 2tsp (chopped)
Salt to taste
For the topping
Onions: 1/4cup (finely chopped)
Tomatoes: 1/4cup (finely chopped)
Baarik sev: 1/4 cup
Let’s get cooking
1. Clean, wash and drain the poha and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a broad pan and add the mustard seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for a couple of minutes, till they turn translucent.
4. Add the sweet corn and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
5. Add the poha, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute, stirring continuously.
6. Add the turmeric powder, sugar, salt, green chilli paste, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well and cook on a medium flame.
7. Add the milk and mix again.
8. Serve hot topped with tomatoes, onions, sev and a lemon wedge.
Approximate p[reparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4